Toggle form element
Use the Toggle form element to add a toggle field to your Component form. For more information, see Create an editable component.
Locating the toggle form element
To find the Toggle form element:
- Navigate to a component
- Click the + button on the Component form builder
- Within the Fields tab, look for the Toggle form element.
The Toggle element includes the following fields:
- Field label - Provide a name for the form element. The field label will be displayed above the field in your component form. Important: It will also be used to auto-generate the field machine name. Auto generation only occurs until you have clicked Apply.
- Machine name - Set the machine name of the field. Used as a token when linking an element to the field. Must be unique within the component. Important: If you need to change the machine name later, click the Edit icon on the field's right.
- Type - Select the type of toggle. The three options are:
- Toggle (True/false) - A simple toggle which sets a True or False value
- Toggle with number value - A toggle which sets a number for the On and Off states
- Toggle with string values - A toggle which sets a string for the On and Off states
- Default value - Toggle the default value On or Off
- On value - Set a number or string depending on the Type selected
- Off value - Set a number or string depending on the Type selected.
- Show field if - Enter conditional logic to show / hide the field based on the value of another field. For more, see Component fields conditional visibility.
- Tooltip text - Enter tooltip text here.
- Tooltip placement - Define the position of the tooltip on hover of the field.